Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Get that lady a Tula!

I often randomly peruse babywearing related photos on Instagram and Google images. Today I came across this sweet photo of actress Selma Blair and her then 18 month old "hiking". (Ugg boots are house slippers where I'm from. Wherever you're wearing uggs, you're NOT hiking!)

All I could think was, "Get that lady a Tula!". Soft structured carriers let you keep your centre of balance better when your child is on your back, and Tulas come in lots of cute prints to match Selma's uggs. A way better choice! Quick, someone tell her PR rep!

Don't get me wrong. Hiking carriers can be great. I went hiking with my then 8 month old in Hawaii wearing a Beco Gemini. My friend had his 10 month old in a hiking backpack. He was able to set his baby down on the muddy ground pack and all (they look kind of like a highchair when free-standing) and feed baby a snack, whereas I had to keep my baby on my lap/in arms at all times. I can definitely see the value of having baby in a free-standing chair during hikes. If you're just grabbing a latte in the city though, a clunky big hiking carrier is not needed!

PS. I googled some more, and Selma is using a Kokopax framed carrier in these photos. The comments on their page look more like things you'd see on the Tula Love page on Facebook!






No comments:

Post a Comment