Thursday, February 21, 2013

Preaching babywearing...

I belong to a few message boards about slings, and one pet peeve is how new members are often told NEVER to use Baby Bjorn or similar type slings. There are downsides to that style of sling, but they aren't dangerous for your baby. Whenever I see other slingaholics getting all het up about Baby Bjorns I smile a little and imagine them preaching on an old-fashioned soap box!

I am a teacher, and today I found myself... not on a soapbox, but definitely more enthusiastic about babywearing than I needed to be with a group of unmarried, childless young students! We were talking about the personal cost of sports, and because I actively avoid all sports I gave hiking as an example. Naturally, carrying my son on my back came up. Naturally...

For your viewing pleasure, how I showed my class my hiking-with-baby style!




No comments:

Post a Comment